*thirtythree 10.29.11

 Strawberry shortcake anyone?
This apron was a special undertaking for Hannahs second bitrhday.
Something for a girl who can name all the veggies in my cookbook.
She also does a very great elephant imitation.

Our time at Nomads is drawing to an end for now.
We only have a few days left.

It has been a wonderful season here.
We got much built on the land.
And much built with the friendships here too.

We also were given 10 chickens!
Yeah!
Fresh eggs!

My last year has been about learning where the things I use and eat come from.
I started off strong in January as with most new years resolutions.
A few months into the year I started to lose steam.

Then in the summer it seemed like the books and info were finding me.

I just finished Barbara Kinsglovers Animal, Vegetable, Miracle.
Such a great book for eating local inspiration and ideas.
Nigel and I spent most of August eating from local farmers markets and using stuff out of our own garden.
It was so fun!
And tasty!

A time for every season.



Posted via Blogaway

No comments:

Post a Comment