*nineteen 10.04.11


A skirt turned apron.
This skirt did not sit in the back of a closet.

It is one of those pieces of fabric that is softened by much wear.
I love the feeling of a well loved piece of clothing.

I wanted to use some red thread to accent this apron.
I was winding up the bobbin only to find that my red thread was almost gone!
I sewed the ties and then decided to save the rest for the pocket.
I thought it was show up best there.
After sewing the pocket on I took a look and found it strange that the butterfly was flying upside down.
I took a closer look and realized that it was the pocket that was upside down!
Oops!
I briefly thought about leaving it.
Who uses an apron pocket anyways!
But then I came to my senses and began to unpick.
Oops!
I poked a hole through the well loved fabric!
I stitched up the hole and pinned the pocket over it.


I started sewing and praying the the red thread would last another round around the pocket.
There was just enough!
How satisfying.


Sometimes its the little things that matter.










No comments:

Post a Comment