twentyfive 10.18.11


Work party happening on the land today!
We were expecting the group to come late tonight but part of them showed up early!
Crazy fun.
I ran around like a chicken with its head cut off for a bit.
And then I went and hid in my bus and made my apron of the day.

I wanted to do something bright and fun today.
I wanted to try out a round pocket.

This is a skirt turned apron.
The pocket turned out great.
I am sensing more round pockets in my future.

I learned a new trick with pockets that is opening up a whole new world to me.

You cut two squares or in this case circles.
Sew them together with the right sides in.
Leaving a hole to flip them inside out.
You flip them.
Iron them.
And bobs your uncle.(That's kiwi slang, for what I am not sure, but I guess it means the pockets are easy peasy.)

This trick has revolutionized pocket making for me.
Yeah for pockets!

No comments:

Post a Comment