*thirtyone 10.26.11


I crossed a new line today.
I am not sure what the line is called.

If you are in my immediate family you may want to stop reading.

First of all I would like to say this.
I was brought up in a very clean home.
My room was a mess as a teenager, but the rest of the house was clean.
I dont know how my mom did it with 7 kids in the house, but she did.
Saturday mornings were floor scrubbing time.

My husband and I currently have a "different" sort of lifestyle.
We live in a bus.
We travel around.
We are very often outdoors.
We work odd jobs and sell crafts to make ends meet.

I am learning that there are some things to get used to in this lifestyle that hadn't occurred to me.

Things like when you park your bus in Alabama in the summer it is very very normal to have bugs inside your home. If there were not bugs, something may be wrong!

And things like when you leave your bus in a field for months on end a mouse WILL find its way in. Anything food related should be stored in glass or metal. Mice CAN chew through plasitic. Very messy when it is a bottle of veggie oil and a mouse is so short it chews through the bottom of the full bottle.

And things like today.
The new line crossed.

I went to make some fried rice for lunch.
I took the rice out and noticed there were a few tiny little bugs crawling around in it.
In the past this would go straight into the trash.
But today I really wanted that fried rice.
So I thought to myself.
It is said you should always wash your rice first, maybe this is why.
So I rinsed and I rinsed and I rinsed that rice.
Then I cooked it up and I ate it.

Oh the apron.
A full size.
Made from a curtian.
Does anyone hear The Sound of Music?



No comments:

Post a Comment