fortyseven 12.29.11

I sewed today to the sound of Billy Holiday

And to the smell of a light rain falling outside.
There is a Tui that is fond of the gum tree near us.
He joined in with Miss Holiday.
I love the sound of a Tui.
I love the smell of rain.
It was a lovely day.
I made ruffles today.
I have been wanting to try this apron design for a while and today seemed like as good as any to try it.
I reminded myself that I committed to making one apron a day not one perfect apron a day.
Then I got down to figuring out this apron.
The ruffles take FORever.
Other than the time it took to pull the ruffles together, the amount of pinning and measuring involved, and the bobbin running out at an inopportune time, the apron came together pretty easy.
A perfect flouncing around the kitchen apron.




No comments:

Post a Comment