Duvet Cover

I did not make an apron today.
I did however make a duvet cover!

When  we got married we wanted white table clothes for the tables at the reception.
We found these in the form of lots of white sheets from second hand stores.

After the wedding we were left with lots of white sheets.

Some became curtains for a while.
Some became drop cloths.
Some became rags.
And two got sewn together to make us a duvet cover.

When I washed the cover yesterday it was shredding on one side! Old sheet I guess.

So I found another sheet to replace it.
And added this great piece of fabric.

It is an upholstery fabric sample.
A Beautiful new friend gave me a big ol box of samples!

A duvet cover is a very forgiving project.
One sheet was a bit bigger than the other but somehow it got sewn together.
There is one corner that is a bit iffy.
But it looks great on the bed!

Have you ever thought about making a bed in the loft of a bus?
Let me tell you, it is a tricky business.
I have to actually make the bed while I am on it!
I have gotten quite good at this, if I do say so myself.
If you need any pointers just let me know.




No comments:

Post a Comment