fortythree 12.19.11

 We arrived safe and sound in The Land of the Long White Cloud.
The first week here was spent getting the big green bus all swept out and cleaned up and fixed up to be livable and road worthy once again.

I turned our "office" down the back into a sewing room.
My beautiful friend Sharon lent me her sewing machine.

Our Office doesn't get used too much so it is the perfect spot.
There was one cold and damp New Zealand winter  when we put carpet on the floor and blankets on the walls.
We hooked up a heater and kept warm in the little "cave" while watching movies.
There was a big hole in the front part of the bus where the engine was getting replaced.
But that is another story....

The new sewing space still has a few kinks. There is not room in there to cut and iron so yesterday I set up a table outside and kept hopping back and forth.

I felt like a rabbit.


The apron turned out nice in spite of all the hopping around.
Some great white and red cotton.
Little lines of roosters on it.
A pocket made out of linen.
Two gorgeous pheasants.

I may be getting a bit carried away with the length of the ties these days.

These ones can wrap around the front and then back around to the back and tie there!




1 comment:

  1. Oooh,love this one too. Amazing what can be done in what some folks would call small spaces!You have inspired me,I made reciepe books for my 3 daughters and Gdaughter! Will Blog soon ! :)

    ReplyDelete