*thirtyeight 11.12.11


These two aprons will go to my friend Lissa.
For her two beautiful twin girls.

Ah the stories I could tell about Lissa.
But then again
The stories she could tell about me!
We have known each other since our 7th grade German class.


We spent just about everyday together for years.
We were pretty strange girls.
I am sure that has all changed now.

The orange in this apron reminds me of Lissa.
We went through a phase once in high school where we tried to wear something orange everyday.
Socks.
Jeans.
A flannel shirt with a touch of orange.
Why?
Who knows!

We lived together for a couple years in our early 20's. One weeked we thought it would be a great idea to try to stay on our couches for the whole weekend!
We got some coolers full of food, a bunch of movies and started sitting.
It was great.
At first.
Our friends came over to visit. I think they thought it was boring cause they left.
Around 11pm we started to get a bit antsy.
Our roomate had gone to bed.
We crept out of the house so not to lose face if we got caught.
We went for a drive, who knows where.
Then crept back to our couches to spent the night, just as if we had never left.

My niece Adeline is the apron model today.
I had to bribe her with lip balm.



2 comments:

  1. Love the owls and love you. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS Adeline couldn't be any cuter!!!! And I love that she was bribed with lip balm!

    ReplyDelete