*forty 11.19.11


We are staying with my sister and her family at the moment.
I have a little sewing space set up in the basement.
When I sew my niece comes down with me and "plays buttons."

She loves it!
I give her a cup full of my buttons and she has so much fun.

I find myself wondering if she will remember this button business when she grows up.

I have a memory of brushing my Grandmas hair when I was a little girl.
I can remember her sitting on the floor in the living room.
I can remember the silver brush that was kept on her dresser.
I can remember thinking it was pretty great to be brushing Grandmas hair.

I asked my Grandma about it the other day. She said it must have been when we lived with them for a time.
What?!
Who knew?
I was under 2.

Funny the things we remember.

This apron was made from the last pieces of both fabrics.
I cut and sewed and cut and sewed and finally got it looking like an apron.
It is double sided so you dont have to see all the stitching together of the pieces on the back.
Purple and pink and everything nice.


Posted via Blogaway

3 comments:

  1. Very cool! You have now got ME sewing aprons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see your aprons! I am having a lot of fun with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a Button story. As I read this I remembered my Yia Yia had a cookie tin filled w/beautiful buttons. My Grandparents lived upstairs from us,and when I came to visit I always asked for the "Button Tin". I loved running my hands through all the buttons! I use to think they were like beautiful jewels,shiney,some were incrusted with colorful rinestones ,some smooth and bright. Lol,thnxs for the great memory. Love your purple creation!

    ReplyDelete