*six 09.01.11

Color is about all there is to say about todays apron.
Lots and lots of color.

This fabric comes from my Mum in law. She is Mum and not Mom cause she is from New Zealand. My wonderful Mum in law has a mighty fine fabric collection that she lets me pick through when we are there. It is like a treasure hunt!

I was telling Nigel yesterday how I am beginning to dread the end of an apron project. I get all finished with the main part of the apron and then I have to cut out and stitch the ties. By that time I am ready to be done and not wanting to do something fiddly.

"Maybe you should do the ties first,"He says.

Huh, that's an idea.

So I did and it was great! I didnt mind working on them at all at the beginning of the project!

I tried on the apron today and it just seemed like something was missing. I know, how is it possible with all that color. But yes. It needed something. I tried ribbon and lace and a pocket, but nothing was quite right.

As I was tying it on I folded it a bit so the ties would tie around my waist.

That little tuck was just the thing. It looked finished all of the sudden. So I sewed the tuck up and called it a day.

Sometimes the little things make all the difference.


Posted via Blogaway

No comments:

Post a Comment