*sixteen 09.15.11



It is a Counting Crows kind of day.
Overcast.
A bit chilly.
I popped in Recovering the Satellites first.
Followed by August and Everything After.
It put me in a reflective mood.

I started to think about how much of the work of sewing the apron is not actually the sewing.
It is the picking out of the fabric.
The cutting out of the pieces.
The ironing and ironing and ironing of the hems.
Just about every edge gets ironed.
Twice.
It's the pinning.
The placing of pockets.
So much happens before I even take out my machine each day.

The more effort and time I put into the pre sewing work the easier the actual sewing is.

The apron today is made from an old dress. Well I think it was an old dress.
It looks handmade. I could never quite figure out how to wear it.
I always ment to revamp it into something new.
This is the second apron I have made from the fabric.
It is a gourgeous fabric. Linen I believe.
Thanks to the beautiful Anna for modeling todays apron.








No comments:

Post a Comment