*two 08.27.11

A month or so ago I was in a thrift shop and was sifting thru the table cloths, linens and fabrics.I pulled out a zip lock bag and hit the jack pot. It was full of little kids aprons, yet to be made for the most part. Some half started, some pieces cut out, some still just fabric, and one very cute one that was already finished.
I know a bargain when I see it.
I bought the whole bag for three bucks!

Today i decided to finish something that someone else had already started. I found myself thinking about the person who had had this fabric before me. What were they like? Who were the aprons intended for? Why were they not finished?
Maybe they had a big fabric stash like mine and never got around to it.
I picked out one that had the pattern printed onto the fabric and got to work.

I like to think about the stories behind things. Even as I was sewing the apron I realized that I am only a part of the story of these little pieces of fabric. They already have a history I know nothing about. I will pass them on to someone else and the story will continue.

Even the yellow formica table I set my machine on has a history. It was my Grandparents. Grandpa picked it out years ago when Grandma was not with him. I dont think she ever liked the color! Think of all the meals eaten around this table before I got my hands on it! It goes perfect with my yellow formica fridge.

I decided todays apron will go to my cute little niece Adeline. She got a kitchen for her two year birthday and I am sure she could use another apron for all that cooking.


Posted via Blogaway

2 comments:

  1. omg!!! I love this...wish I hit that jackpot, although knowing me they might have gotten halfway done and ended up at another thrift shop three years later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this. Addy will love her apron. She has become quite the fashion diva as you know and will love to accessorize while she plays in her retro pink kitchen.

    ReplyDelete