*four 08.30.11

My plan for todays apron was to make a man apron,mostly so Nigel could wear it for the photo. We pulled out all my fabric and searched for worthy fabric. I found that I had little to work with that would suit a man apron. Manpron? Apparently all polka dots are out, even brown ones!

Well I found some lovely solids to work with. The blue and brown come from me and T. Both of us bought sheets that we used to cover our couches in our bus and or rv. The leftover made its way to my fabric cupboard and now to an apron. I have no idea where the rust fabric came from.

 Everything was going great until my machine started acting up. Some days are just not good sewing days.I changed the tension, I loosened belts, I tightened screws, I changed thread, I changed bobbins. Nothing could keep my thread from breaking today.

I must admit I was close to tears on a couple occasions. Anyone who has had a thread breaking day  may understand.

In the end I finished the apron by hand sewing!
I decided to work with the deconstructed look my machine was giving me. I had already decided to leave a few rough edges. So even though I wont win any sewing competitions with this one, I still think it turned out okay.

 Most importantly it is finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment