one 08.26.11

Today I made my first apron for this little adventure. We are at Nomads Land. It is hot and I set the sewing machine up in the bus, with the ac on full blast. I turned on a little John Michael Talbot and got down to sewing. I picked the fabrics out really easily today.
In the middle of my project Nigel came in and started to insulate the front of the bus. Inches from my sewing machine. There was black stuff flying and drills drilling and loud noises that scared me when he broke a piece of insulation board.
I carried on.
As I started to sew the tie onto the apron I started thinking about how the thread always seems to jam up or run out in the most inopportune place. Usually right in the middle where you can obviously see it. As I was having these thoughts the bobbin ran out.
No joke.
It isn't too obvious.
On the end of the tie.
The apron is finished.
I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment