*three 08.29.11

Todays apron making got off to a slow start for two reasons. One, Nigel made some glorious fudge last night. The sugar high from last night made me very groggy this morning. Two, I started to read Little Women yesterday. Pulling me away from a good book is not always easy.
I am committed to this Apron a Day so I brewed up a cup of earl grey to get a bit of energy and got to work.

As I started I realized that the theme song from Married With Children was running through my head! "Love and marriage, love and marriage, go together like a horse and carriage." That is all all know of the song. "Strange," I thought and carried on. I am not sure if the image of Peg Bundy affected the apron design today, you can be the judge of that.

The pink polka dot fabric today comes from my good friends Josh and John. They rescued it for me from... well I will just say it, from the trash! Its true, it is washed, and it is very cute. The green polka dots may have came from them as well, but I have a feeling they are from Nigels mum.
I had already turned these fabrics into a tablecloth for myself a couple years ago. But as I never use the table cloth I decided to transform it.

Three quarters through the sewing and I realized Mrs.Bundy was still running through my head! I got up and turned on some Ani Difranco to try and solve that problem.  I guess that could have also influenced my sewing.
I was so proud of my pleats today that I thought I would leave a bit showing.
 The apron is finished and I realized it would look much better with this one if someone could wear it for the photo. Nigel turned down my offer to wear a pink apron and so I turned to a tree.
I am off  Jo, Meg, Beth and Amy are waiting for me on the bus.



No comments:

Post a Comment